St. P’s Continues Partnership with Crossroad’s Academy
Hello, everyone! It’s a new school year which means new opportunities to help our school district partner, Crossroads Academy who welcomed DAEP and New Hope Daycare to their campus this year. After speaking with Dr. Lopez, we decided to do the gift card donations again this year. He said the students really looked forward to these and appreciated them. We are going to do it a little differently this year and I have all of the details written out below.
These gift cards are used during their Friday celebrations named Friday Flowers. This is how Dr. Lopez describes their celebration: “Each Friday we close our lunch period by having all of our students step out into our hallway and for a few brief minutes we recognize students through shout outs and loud celebrations, we pump some tunes and hold PBIS drawings for prizes. Our Friday Flowers are a marker that through the current state of challenge, our team and our students are finding their success.” Here is a link to a video and more details about this weekly celebration that I highly recommend you check out. It’s pretty cool and really shows how dedicated Dr. Lopez and his staff are to these kids!
So, if you are interested in helping with this, here’s how:
1. If you would like to sign up for a month, respond to this e-mail or just e-mail me directly, or text or call me, 830-374-7024, and tell me the month you’d like (October-May. December and January will be combined). You will need to purchase 30 gift cards that are $10 each from a local place of your choice.
2. If you would like to purchase these gift cards with your own money as a donation, that is wonderful but please know, that is not the expectation. If you would like to use the church credit card, that is 100% ok. You can pick it up in the office, buy your gift cards, and then drop the credit card back off at church.
3. If you are just wanting to make a donation but do not want to pick up any gift cards, that is completely fine as well. Just let me know that you would like to do this and then you can write a check to St. Philip’s Episcopal Church with a notation that says “Crossroads” and drop it off at church.
4. When you have purchased your 30 gift cards, you can turn them in either to me, the church or directly to Crossroads. That is up to you! If you want to drop them off at Crossroads but would like to do this without making contact with anyone, let me know and I’ll set up a time with Dr. Lopez so you can drop them off with 0 contact.
5. Lastly, Dr. Lopez said that it is fine to drop off the gift cards anytime, meaning before it’s your month, if you would like to. Just please put them in an envelope with YOUR month written on the outside so that he knows which month the gift cards are for. If you are dropping them off during your actual month, just make sure to have them to me, the church, or crossroads on or before the 25th of that month. So, for example, I am taking care of September, I will have these at the school by the 25th of this month.
I know this is so “wordy.” I tend to add more details than necessary and if I’ve made this too confusing, please just call or text me!
Thank you all for your help with this. Dr. Lopez was beyond thrilled and his students are VERY excited to receive these again. I’m so excited about this and always so happy to have your help! Have a great day!